We are excited to announce the following InclusiveU Seminars for Fall 2018. These seminars are open to all InclusiveU students including Access, OnCampus, Project SEARCH interns, Campus Mentors and Peer-2-Peer Partners, and matriculated SU students. Seminars are offered weekly and you are encouraged to attend as many different ones as possible. Click here for additional seminar guidelines.
Current Seminar Topics:
- InclusiveU Teaches! Current and former InclusiveU students and peer partners share their expertise on a variety of topics including “Research and Interviews” and “Meditation for Stress Reduction.”
- My Stories with Photography and Video: Join your friends in InclusiveU and Peer2Peer as we create pictures, videos, stories, art, songs, and much more. This is a great way to create and share about your own experiences and the stories of your life. Facilitated by Dr. Beth Myers.
- Health Matters: Exercise and nutrition are important components in helping people to gain control over their health. Having health literacy skills helps people to share personal health information with health care providers, engage in self-care and illness management, adopt new health-promoting behaviors such as exercising or healthy eating, and act on health-related news. In this seminar, students will work to understand health and exercise, and how to make decisions about their own personal well being. Facilitated by Brianna Shults and Bud Buckhout.
- Healthy Cooking: Learn new techniques for healthier cooking and eating. Location will be in a prep kitchen on campus. Facilitated by Megan Cartier.
- Let’s Communicate: Join a variety of instructors to learn about communication methods, including augmentative communication, American Sign Language and world languages. Co-facilitated by Dee Katovitch.
In addition to this list, two seminars will be offered on a limited enrollment basis. Please contact Dee Katovitch at email@example.com for registration information:
First year forum: Required for first year students. Choose Tuesday or Wednesday morning from 8:30am-9:30am in 056 Huntington Hall. Mentors are welcome and encouraged to attend with students. Facilitated by Bud Buckhout and Sam Roux (1 credit- Independent Study).
Positive Choices 101: Mandatory for students living in campus residence halls (residents who have already taken previous Positive Choices seminars are exempt). Additional seats will be offered to InclusiveU students after residential students are enrolled. Facilitated by Dee Katovitch.