There are several payment options for InclusiveU. Most in-state students pay through the Transition Program and are able to utilize self-direction funds through their Medicaid Waiver plan. Students from other states may also be eligible. We will work together to find the best way for YOU to join us!
Tuition and Fees
If you are attending SU as part-time, local, or self-directed student or utilizing tuition benefits:
The InclusiveU Transition Program is billed monthly at $800 per month. In addition, you will have to pay tuition, which costs approximately $1,300 for each 3 credit audited course. We recommend budgeting around $4,000 per semester for tuition and an additional $4,000 per semester for transition program costs. This transition fee is billed for your first two years of InclusiveU.
If you are utilizing Medicaid Waiver self-direction funds, use this guide for a general estimate of tuition costs.
- Classes (Audit rate): Cost is approximately $1,300 per 3 credit course. Most students take 2-3 classes per semester.
- Transition Program Fee: $800/month ($8,000 per year)
- Campus Mentor: Averages around $10,000 per year (usually billed through Community Hab)
- Room and Board (This applies only if you have chosen to live in a dorm on campus): $16,000
- Residential Mentor: This applies only if you have chosen to live in a dorm on campus and varies based on needs, and is usually through Live In Caregiver (LIC): $9,000
*If you have a parent or guardian employed by SU and are using tuition benefits, you will still be responsible for the Transition Program Fee and any Support Services.*
If you are from out of state, using private funds, or seeking scholarships or financial aid:
Tuition is closely aligned with matriculated Syracuse University student rates. Below is an estimate. If you have further questions, please visit the SU Admissions website.
- Tuition and Fees (full time students): approx. $20,000 per year
- Campus Mentor Support: approx. $10,000 per year for Level 1, $20,000 per year for Level 2
- Room and Board (This applies only if you have chosen to live in a dorm on campus): $16,000 per year
- Residential Mentor (This applies only if you have chosen to live in a dorm on campus and varies based on needs): $9,000 per year
- Part time student costs may vary
This campus employment preparation program is available to students in their final year at SU. Self-direction funds can continue to be used. Tuition costs are approximately $7,500 for 18 credits per semester. Internships are 9 credits and instruction time is 9 credits each semester. Program duration is two semesters. Registration follows the same procedure.
*Limited Scholarships are Available. Download Application Here*
Options for High School Students
OnCampus: If you live in the Syracuse City School District and are between the ages of 18-21, you can be a part of the OnCampus program, where students enter Syracuse University through the school district. SCSD provides administrative fees, teaching assistants, accommodations and any disability-related equipment, transportation to and from campus, and a teacher who ensures students are getting what they need from the program. There are no costs to the student for this program.
Area Districts: We are currently working with other districts around Syracuse to bring the InclusiveU opportunity to their students. Please contact us if you would like to suggest a collaboration with your district.
- All program costs include Advisory services, direct instruction and support in the Person-Centered Planning Process, InclusiveU seminars, Peer-2-Peer program participation, Universal Design for Learning, i-Pad for educational purposes, and program administrative fees. Most books and class materials as well as the SU student activity fee of $70 per academic year are covered.
- All program costs exclude the cost of meals and social opportunities on campus. We recommend budgeting $15-$30 per week for part-time students, and purchasing a meal plan for full-time students. You are also responsible for paying for a mentor if you want 1:1 support during campus activities and classes. We can connect you with a matriculated SU student to hire through the Kelberman Center.
- Parents and students who cannot afford the costs should contact InclusiveU to explore funding options. Limited scholarships or financial aid may be available.